Hampstead Community Centre
& Community Market
is an independent charitable organisation run by an elected board of trustees.
Founded in 1976; the building started life as a coach house and then a garage after which it
was renovated by a group of local people after it fell into disrepair.
The Centre aims to make the following overall and specific
differences to the lives of residents living in the area:
- Reduce isolation and promote stimulating activity for older people
- Improve peoples access to safe, stimulating care for children aged 5-12
- Improve peoples access to advice, information, support, counselling and advocacy
- Improve peoples access to meeting space for voluntary and community groups
- Promote & support healthy living, including the provision of a produce market for the locality
- Increase creative play opportunities for children under 5 and support to their parents/carers
These differences have been achieved by the provision of activities and services that include:
- Over 60s club & events & Christmas Day Lunch event (inc. transport) for older people on their own
- Under 5s: - 4 morning session parent/carer with toddler groups
- After School Club Playcentre (5-12's) - Term-Time Monday - Friday
- Playschemes (5-12's): Summer, Easter & half-terms in May/June, October & February
- Outdoor Community Provisions market
- Community Counselling Sessions
- Community support groups, local leisure groups, language classes, art classes, and special events
Activities & services have continued to function due to support from Camden Council & Charitable Trusts.
for children 5-12
@ Fitzjohns School
1-26 August 2016
Priority Bookings from 22 June
(Camden residents with children at a state school)
General Release from 6 July
(Camden residents have priority)
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.
You need Flash to use this feature